Mission and Philosophy
Welcome to Play Laugh Learn child care centre. All our dedicated and caring staff strive to be certain that your child has the very best early childhood experience possible. We look forward to enhancing your child's growth and development, and thank you for entrusting us with that privilege and responsibility. It is our hope that our center’s handbook will help you to better understand our programs, polices, philosophy, goals and objectives. Please take the time to read all the following information and then sign and return the FAMILY AGREEMENT form before your child begins with us.
Play Laugh Learn (PLL) Child Care is dedicated to providing outstanding childcare services. We aim to provide a bright and fun place for children to learn and grow where the environment is clean, comfortable and secure. Our staff offer warm consistent care to teach and nurture children in a loving, respecting manner.
Our Goals and how we meet them
Play Laugh Learn Child Care Centre promotes the health, safety, nutrition and well-being of all children in its care and provides only nutritious snacks, meals and beverages to the children in our care.
- All food and drink provided by the Centre meet or exceed the recommendations set out in the latest version of Canada’s Food Guide. Educators are well informed and familiarized with all information concerning any medical condition , exceptionalities, allergies, food restrictions and parental preferences to diet, exercise and rest time.
- In addition, all PLL staff, students and volunteers working with the children must have a valid first aid certification, including infant and child CPR.
- Menus are planned on a 4-week rotation and are posted at the centre and any changes will be noted on the posted copy. We have a cook that has been trained in Safe Food Handling that prepares our homemade delicious lunches and snacks daily.
- Allergy lists are posted in the kitchen and the classroom and act as a reminder for staff.
- During our lunches and snack time, our educators sit with the children and encourage them to be independent in serving themselves and always trying new foods. Discussions about food (fruits, veggies, colour, and smell) are encouraged while at the table, as exploration and knowledge tools for children’s educational development.
- There are often activities that engage children and educators in baking experience as part of the curriculum.
All Play Laugh Learn Staff will support positive and responsive interactions among the children, parents and child care providers.
- The Director and Supervisor will support this by hiring of qualified, responsive and well rained Early Childhood Educators who will aim in building a positive and warm environment in our centre. The success of our program relies in building and maintaining positive and responsive interactions among the children, parents and our staff.
- Our educators make a constant effort to get to know children and their families, their values and beliefs. They are respectful when sharing incidents where a child required assistance to be successful in the program, always active listening and responding in a positive way in order to support the development of child’s skills.
- Educators provide support to parents – answering questions about child development, helping with potty training or providing resources. In doing so, educators are respectful of the parent’s goals for their children.
- A monthly e-news is shared with families to provide updates on learning, reminders and links to other resources.